It is indeed fun to feel the seasonal environment indoors by making appropriate changes accordingly. You may enjoy inviting an airy, cool look in summers, while in winter it is fun to feel warm and cozy with warm and soft colors, and fluffy fabrics. The following are some effective and simple ideas that will help you transform the look of your home according to the seasons.
- What if your furniture feels cold too and you cover it up with fluffy fabrics and slipcovers for snuggling in winter? It is always fun to collect some soft and fluffy fabrics to cover your furniture just like you buy winter clothing for yourself. This not only adds a warm feel to your interior décor but also lets you change the look and feel of your room when you use different prints, colors and types of fabric.
- It is spring and it is time to remove the down-filled toasty duvet from your bedroom and substitute it with a thin cotton blanket or a light cotton bedcover.
- For summer and spring, prepare a different floral arrangement from that of holiday colors and pine, to colorful and brighter colors. Keep away pottery or dark brass containers and replace them with crystal-clear glass vases.
- When the warmer weather reaches around the corner, change the decorative pillows and bed with dark patterns into floral and fresh plaids or prints. You can either get a new set suitable for warmer weather or can just get some nice warm-weather decorative covers for your pillows and bed.
- You can even change the crockery at display as soon as the weather changes. Many people display their antique crockery and other collectibles in large glass racks. These decorative pieces can make a huge difference to how your home looks in a particular weather. For winters, remove the classic designs of collectibles inside and bring out the colorful and vibrant collection for display.
- Changing draperies can also make a huge difference to how your house appears in a particular season. Make sure your draperies are made so that you can adjust them according to the weather and easily turn them from neutral to lively as the season changes.
- Do not ignore your coffee table. Let your table convey the season your house is following. Place some nice flower books or garden magazines in summer and spring. This simple addition will bring in the outside color to your interior space.
These additional tips will give you further help to get you started:
- Keep summer and spring accessories and colors light, both in color and feel.
- Make the most of the opportunity of changing your décor according to seasons and use all the long-lost collectibles and pieces to make them the center-of-attention of your living space for a while.
- Do not strictly follow the season when it comes to your home décor. It needs frequent change, so just focus on the calendar. Even if there is snow on the ground but the calendar shows its spring – do not hesitate to bring out your spring stuff; however, you may still need to keep the blankets out.